There is LOTS to do in the studio this Summer!
1) Join our 21-Day Summer Yoga Challenge!
2) Join us for FREE Yoga in the Park!
3) Sign up for a 20-hour introductory course in the healing practice of Restorative Yoga
Join our 21-Day Summer Yoga Challenge!
Summer is the perfect time to develop the health habits that will make you calmer, stronger, and fitter all year round: regular mediation and yoga, plus cardio workouts three times per week. And our 21-Day Summer Yoga Challenge offers the perfect motivation – the group support of fellow yogis, plus the chance to win a $100 gift certificate from Better Still Day Spa!
To complete the Challenge, practice a combination of yoga, meditation, and cardio for a total of 21 consecutive days between July 2nd and September 2nd, as outlined below:
|YOGA||Practice 5 times per week (3 at OSY)|
|MEDITATION||Meditate 6 times per week for 10 minutes|
|CARDIO||Work your cardio for 30 minutes, 3 times per week. Walk, cycle, swim laps, take a B-Workout class…get your heart rate up! (Yoga classes do not count towards your cardio workouts.)|
How to Get Started:
- Choose the time. Pick 21 consecutive days between July 2nd and September 2nd, during which you can practice regularly.
- Register. Visit us at the front desk to sign your Challenge contract and get your passport (for recording your practice).
- Practice and record your results! The Challenge is based on the honour system. During your 21-day practice, you will record your results on our studio wall chart – it helps keep everyone motivated! Everyone who completes the Challenge will be entered to win a $100 gift certificate from Better Still Day Spa!
Don’t leave it too late to sign up – last possible day to start the Challenge is August 13th!
Mark your calendar with these three dates for Free Yoga in the Park!
Join us on the grass at Memorial Park in Ladner for a free, all-levels yoga class.
Bring a friend, bring your vacationing houseguests – everyone is welcome! (OSY members can let Gerry know if they need to borrow mats from the studio for their guests.)
Registration opens at 6:00pm. Class is from 6:30 to 7:45
Thursday, June 21st
Tuesday, July 17th
Thursday, August 16th
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to class to register and set up your mat.
Event will be weather permitting, please check our Facebook page for updates.
Evening classes at the studio will be cancelled on these dates.
Restorative Yoga Teacher Training
20-hour immersion │September, 2018
Instructor: Kim Sheridan, RYT 500, E-RYT 200, YACEP
Add to your teaching skills or personal practice with this introductory course to the fundamentals of Restorative Yoga – you’ll learn everything you need to begin offering a deeply relaxing, restorative experience, or to help heal your own body.
Who is this course for? Yoga teachers, students, and professionals who use relaxation techniques in their work.
Restorative Yoga is an excellent practice for anyone looking to restore balance in their body and life, wanting to learn how to release deeply held tension, and fully relax. Yoga teachers also use it to help students who are injured, stressed, or ill, who need a very gentle, healing practice. Props are used to help the body feel totally supported, and poses are often selected to address specific challenges.
In this course you will:
- Explore the scientific benefits and profound mind-body effects of the practice
- Gain in-depth understanding of a comprehensive syllabus of restorative poses
- Learn to use props skillfully and modify poses
- Learn how to teach your students to care for themselves
- Develop clear cues and language for teaching key poses and transitions
- Learn how to skillfully theme and sequence a restorative practice
- Practice hands-on adjustments
- Learn to guide meditation, visualization, and breathing practice
- Receive a course reference manual
Thursday, September 13th │ 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday, September 15th │ 1:30-6:30pm
Thursday, September 20th │ 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday, September 22nd │ 1:30-6:30pm
Thursday, September 27th │ 7:30-9:30pm
Saturday, September 29th │ 1:30-6:30pm
BONUS 2 HOUR WORKSHOP: The Art of Savasana
Savasana (Corpse Pose) may be the most important pose in your Yoga practice. It helps relieve stress and mild depression, relaxes the body, reduces headaches, fatigue, and insomnia, and lowers blood pressure. Despite its many benefits, it has been referred to as the easiest pose to do and the hardest to master!
Whether you find it a challenge to achieve a comfortable position physically, to anchor your mind in quiet long enough to achieve a resting state, or you just LOVE this special pose, this workshop has been designed with you in mind.
Learn to engage your entire mind, body, and spirit in a deeper conscious resting state than ever before, with a combination of gentle movement, restorative poses, guided breathwork and savasana practiced in its many variations, including the use of props and adjustments.
Prepare to feel relaxed like never before!
BONUS HOUR WORKSHOP: Sound Healing with Cindy Babyn
Learn about the principles of sound healing, New Age philosophies regarding the chakras, and how to appropriately incorporate music into yoga classes. Cindy offers a ‘grounded insight’ to sound.
The workshop will also include information on a variety of world music instruments such as the Balinese ceremonial gong, Chinese Feng gong, Himalayan prayer bowls, crystal singing bowls, chimes, tanpura, and more. Participants will gain a better idea of which instrument they could choose to incorporate into their yoga classes, and will have an opportunity to try some of the instruments.
Early Bird Price before July 15th: $449 +GST
Regular Price: $499 +GST
To register, please visit us online or in the studio.